Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good News

Tuesday's surgery went well with my mom for her cataract. It is really scary signing all those hospital papers, if you thought about it long enough you would just leave. So, it is comforting to know that God is in control and He will take care of it. Before the surgery we were talking and laughing together. I told my mom that I prayed for her. What a blessing to be able to take concerns and fears to the Lord. The whole time I thought about Trish and her surgery today. On Wednesday, I had to take my mom back to the doctor again so they could remove the patch. We went out to breakfast went to a couple of stores and had a nice time. Grandma & Grandpa Parker watched the babies. I guess God has a plan for all of us. On Wednesday, Grandma Parker told me Grandpa is refusing to take his insulin shots. I wonder why she didn't tell me on Tuesday? I had only planned to take my mom for the surgery on Tuesday and didn't know I would be coming back out there on Wednesday. So, she told me to pray for him. (which I did). He did not have any insulin for 3 days. So after I finished helping my mom I went back there to the Parker's. I told Grandpa Parker, do I have to hit you with a wet noodle? He seems to think the medicine isn't working because his levels are out of control right now. He wanted to wait a week before he took his medicine. I said I cannot have that. I said to him that you are the only Grandpa that Malachi, Nathan, Ashley and Andrew have left and the babies need to have a relationship with you. I'm sorry that you have diabetes. Then, I had to get ugly do you want to go blind? Do you want to be in a bad car accident or worse yet hurt someone else when you are driving? So, he didn't like it but she took a blood sample it was 538. That is a little high. See the medicine is working because that is high. I hated to see if he waited a week. I told him if he goes in the hospital they won't let me take the babies up there to see him. So, she was also able to give him his insulin after a 3 day strike. I'm glad God was able to use me to help out. It is a great feeling knowing that I could help encourage them along the journey of life. So, with kisses and hugs I had to leave to get the teenagers from school.

4 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Praise the Lord for family encouragement.

Trish said...

Thank you for your prayers this week. It was so nice to get to chat with you for awhile the other day -- you are such a blessing! I'm glad your mom's surgery went well, and I will pray that other family members will get their health back on track too! So thankful for your friendship.

Kris's Korner said...

Diabetes is very serious. I know that first hand. It can be very discouraging as well. Just keep loving Grandpa and he will take his insulin. Keep up the good work.

Debbie said...

Good job encouraging him!!